5 Tips to Grow Your Tech Product Marketing Plan
You’ve just released new software that you think has the potential to revolutionize the industry. But as you watch your social media and blog interaction statistics, you notice that your prospective customers don’t seem very interested.
What could you be doing wrong?
It’s possible that you’re not marketing your technology product correctly.
Here are five steps you can take to build and grow your technology product marketing plan.
1) Make Sure Customers and Potential Customers Know That Your Product Solves Their Problem
If you’re not marketing your product in a way that resonates with potential customers, then it’s likely that they don’t even know your product exists.
Make sure you are using the right mix of digital and traditional marketing channels to reach your target audience.
And, of course, once you have their attention, make sure you clearly communicate how your product solves the problem they face.
If you can’t explain how your product solves a potential customer’s problem in one question and answer, then you need to go back to the drawing board. Some examples of explaining a problem and solution in one sentence include:
- “Are you struggling to get more website visitors? We can help with our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) service.”
- “Do you hate doing your own taxes? TaxPro makes it easy and stress-free.”
- “Is your child having trouble learning to read? Reading Eggs can help!”
In each of these examples, the problem is stated first, followed by how the product solves it. This makes it easy for potential customers to understand how your product can help them.
Highlight consumer/business issues that the software or product is solving
Some ways you can highlight the issues your product will solve for your consumer include:
- Using graphics, like infographics or data visualizations, to show how the product has helped others.
- Creating a video that walks potential customers through the features and benefits of your product.
- Writing blog posts that show how your product can be used to solve specific problems your target customer has on a daily basis.
No matter what medium you use, make sure you are clear and concise about how your product helps solve the customers’ problems. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for potential customers to understand how your product can help them.
When marketing for tech companies, creating compelling content is a crucial component of how to market a new technology product. This is because your content allows you to build trust with potential customers before they even make a purchase. If your content is engaging, educational, and interesting, chances are, your consumer base will be more likely to buy into your product because they will know your company to be one that produces quality items.
By creating amazing content that educates potential customers and answers their questions, you are creating value for your consumer. When you provide value upfront, potential customers are more likely to do business with you when they’re ready to buy.
2) Make Sure Your Customers/Potential Customers Know How to Use Your Product
Potential customers need to be able to easily learn how to use your product. Make sure you are using a variety of marketing channels to reach your target audience and explain how your product works.
Many tech products require some type of training before they can be used effectively.
This is especially true for products that are B2B.
Some ways you can explain how your product works to potential customers include:
- Product demos – give potential customers a front-row seat to see how your product works by hosting a webinar or creating a video tutorial.
- Free trials – let potential customers test out your product for themselves with a free trial. This is an especially effective marketing strategy if you have a subscription-based product.
- Case studies – show potential customers how other businesses have used your product to solve their problems by creating a case study.
- Content marketing – create blog posts, infographics, or other types of content that explain how to use your product.
- Instructional videos – show potential customers how to use your product with an instructional video.
- Product updates – keep potential customers in the loop about new features or updates to your product with a newsletter or blog post.
- Product guides – write a step-by-step guide that walks potential customers through how to use your product.
- Resources or Product Academy – create an online resource center or product academy that potential customers can use to learn more about your product.
- FAQ center – create a FAQ page or section on your website that answers potential customers’ questions about your product.
By using a mix of these marketing strategies, you can make sure potential customers know how your product works and how it can benefit them.
No matter what medium you use, make sure you are clear and concise about how your product works. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for potential customers to understand how they can use your product to solve their problems.
3) Make Sure to Develop Customers/Potential Customers’ Trust Through Social Proof
People are more likely to buy a product if they see that other people have bought it and like it.
This is what we call social proofing.
When you social proof a product, you are using the power of social influence to show potential customers that your product is popular and trusted.
Some ways you can social proof your tech product include:
- Customer reviews and testimonials – showcase what customers are saying about your product on your website or social media accounts.
- Media mentions – collect press coverage from online and offline publications and share it on your website or social media accounts.
- Influencer endorsements – get industry influencers to try out your product and share their thoughts with their followers.
- Referral programs – offer incentives for customers to refer your product to their friends and family.
- Case studies – create a case study that showcases how other businesses have used your product to solve their problems.
By using social proofing, you can show potential customers that your product is popular and trusted. This can help increase conversion rates and sales.
4) Make Sure to Provide Competitor Comparisons
When you are figuring out how to market technology products for your company, it is important to make sure that potential customers understand how your product is different from your competitors.
This can be done by providing competitor comparisons.
A competitor comparison is a side-by-side analysis of how your product stacks up against your competitors.
Some things you may want to include in a competitor comparison are:
- Ease of use.
- Customer reviews.
Make sure to be objective in your analysis.
If you are too biased, potential customers may not trust your assessment.
5) Make Sure to Have Detailed Product Descriptions
When you are marketing a new tech product, it is important to make sure that potential customers understand what your product does.
The best way to do this is to have detailed product descriptions.
A product description is a short, written description of your product. It should include information about the features and benefits of your product.
Some things you may want to include in a product description are:
- A detailed explanation of how your product works.
- The benefits of using your product.
- How your product is different from other products on the market.
Make sure to be clear and concise in your descriptions. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for potential customers to understand your product.
By having detailed product descriptions, you can make it easy for potential customers to understand your product. This can help increase conversion rates and sales.
Marketing tech products can be a challenge. However, there are some things you can do to increase your chances of success.
Make sure to create compelling content, social proof your product, provide competitor comparisons, have detailed product descriptions, and, of course, provide strong educational materials for your prospective and current customers to know how to use your product.
The tips we’ve outlined are all great ways to boost your marketing efforts and increase your chances of converting leads into customers. We hope you found this post helpful. If you have any questions or need help getting started, feel free to contact us.