5 Digital Marketing Trends to Grow Your Audience
How about a well-deserved high five to you for launching a successful startup in today’s highly competitive digital market? But while we’re patting you on the back with one hand, we nudge you forward with the other. You see, staying relevant in business today demands strong attention to digital marketing trends.
If you want to remain top of mind and grow your audience, there are digital marketing trends you need to implement to promote your brand effectively – and we’re bringing you the top five.
A well-trained chatbot can be a great digital resource for your business. A useful, well-implemented artificial intelligence systems assistant is much different than a ginormous email capture pop-up that appears each time someone clicks to a different page on your website (which is a quick way to increase your bounce rate). A responsive chatbot will help walk your customers through the site, find the product they want, and answer basic questions.
If you aren’t creating videos to reach your audience, you’re falling behind. But the good news is, simple, raw videos are easy to make and they reach a large percentage of your viewers. Video now has a place on nearly every social media channel. This digital marketing trend is definitely worth implementing. Consider Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, and SnapChat stories to engage your audience. If you need some video inspo to enhance your brand, try these:
- Live Q&A with customers
- Live video for a product launch
- Webinars to teach viewers how to use a product
- Prerecorded tutorials to educate prospects on your services
Video is one of the best content elements to help your customers feel a part of the brand, not just a fan of it.
Consumers spend more than five hours a day on their smartphones. In addition to that, statistics show that 50 percent of local mobile searches result in a store visit. Your customers are searching for what they want in the moment and are ready to spend money to get it.
To grab those customers, a mobile optimized website is an essential digital marketing trend. Increase your brand’s SERP presence with these tips:
- Register your business with Google
- Optimize your website for keywords and phrases
- Respond to your business reviews (90 percent of consumer read online reviews)
- Start a blog
- Review your appearance on mobile
- Build an app (89 percent of mobile media time is spent in an app)
The content you create – whether in a blog, video, or social media graphics – needs to be unique. You cannot effectively market your brand by mimicking the competition.
Your audience demands content that offers value. The majority of the time, this means your content won’t be about your business.
Use the 80/20 rule to keep your content focus in check: 80 percent of your content should be about something other than your brand – something that your customers will read, can use in their daily lives, and will keep them coming back for more. Use the other 20 percent of your content to directly market your products, run online sales, or host giveaways.
The days of being really good at one social media platform and ignoring the rest are gone. You need to be everywhere and you need to do it well. Your Facebook fans aren’t necessarily following you on Twitter, and the ad money you spend on YouTube does nothing for your audience on Instagram. Because your audience is active on multiple platforms, you should be, too.
Competitively marketing online in 2018 is not an option. It is a necessity for your brand. These digital marketing trends will help you create a strategy that keeps you top of mind for your audience while expanding your brand’s reach.